While much of the data center move may be in the hands of other project stakeholders, including third parties, you need to have a clear vision at every stage of the execution phase. That’s going to mean constant phone calls and emails to ensure that every step is completed, taking up a lot of your team’s time.
Even once you’ve completed your move and validated success, the data center migration program isn’t over. Following the move, you need to manage the disposal of old assets, incorporating them in your IT asset disposition (ITAD) program and find a way to continually monitor your current assets, their requirements and team usage, the data center environment, hardware and other factors to optimize your investment. Find out how best to do this to save costs, enhance performance and the end user service experience.
Adopt Automation to replace over 50% of Manual Tasks
ReadyWorks believes in using automation at every stage of the data center migration project to replace repetitive manual tasks and simplify the execution of plan by:
- Providing you with a single holistic view of project data so you can easily monitor progress.
- Orchestrating tools, system and team tasks triggered by milestones and events so that tasks such as data backups and transfers aren’t missed and happen at the appropriate time.
- Allowing stakeholders to mark task completion in a central location, to automatically update your view and trigger the start of the next task.
- Using a self-service portal to ease the validation processes, cutting the time you and your team spend chasing updates.
- Providing real-time, customizable dashboards that allow you to see how the project is progressing or how tweaks and mitigation plans affect the entire rollout and timeline. You can share links with key stakeholders so that they can easily see progress, further cutting demands on your time.
Up Next in our 4-part series on Data Center Migration Success: Optimization.
Ready to find out how ReadyWorks can help you manage the execution phase of your data center transformation more efficiently?
Schedule a demo today.